Real-time web application on ASP.NET Core
RealTimeWeb is a real-time web application on ASP.NET Core with two main features:
- Allow users to become member by registering with username/password or by an external social provider. Currently Google and Facebook authentication is implemented.
- Display the real-time data of the vehicle monitor received from the Vehicle Monitor service.
The application consist of following parts:
- The single page application written in React.
- Authentication and authorization implemented with OAuth and ASP.NET identity.
- WebSockets to push the real-time data from the vehicle monitor to the user. This is implemented with the usage of SignalR.
The source code of the application can be found on github:
The application is still work in progress and new features will be added in the next following weeks…
Some of the technologies and frameworks used in this application are pre-release and most likely to change. Currently it is based on RC1 of .NET Core. I try to update the code as soon as possible whenever the final version is released. Ping me on Twitter if you have questions or issues.
RealTimeWeb.NET Blog Posts
This post is part of a blog post series about RealTimeWeb.NET application.
- RealTimeWeb.NET – A real time ASP.NET Core application
- Getting started with RealTimeWeb.NET
- RealTimeWeb.NET Front-end
- Creating an ASP.NET Core web application
- Single page application in React on ASP.NET Core
- React Authentication on ASP.NET Core with OAuth and Identity
- Real-time data pushed by web-sockets (SignalR) on ASP.NET Core
- Server-side rendering
- Real-time back-end
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!